Thursday 13 December 2012

Ho Ho Ho!......

Hello!  I hope everyone is enjoying the season, the beginning of holidays for many of us in Aussie land!
I love holidays, I love warm weather, I love Christmas, I love giving and receiving presents, I adore my memories of Christmas and Santa and watching Christmas carols on the 24th and love that those experiences are our children's now to have, I love the family catch ups, the drinks with friends and the bubbley with sisters and cousins, I love planning the coming year with my husband, our children excitedly decorating the tree, Christmas shopping, making decorations and surprise visits from Santa at (it seems) every gathering during December!
I'm blessed that I get to be at home during this busy time and that work deadlines are not interfering with Christmas planning and the numerous events that pop up.  I used to be that person, working huge hours, busiest time of the year  that we'd been planning for since early October.  I once worked Christmas Day, it was toward the end of my Chef apprenticeship  and I swore never to do that again.
Sometimes we are in a rush or the day is not working out as planned or we are trying to juggle many things at once...I know but try to think of the beauty in the season, look at the children around you counting down the sleeps, stop competing for the best Turkey, Center piece, outfit and appreciate those pesky relatives that you dread,  take your time to get to your destination if your late...to bad, don't fight it, go with it, smile when things go wrong and continue on and if your a lucky one blessed with time to count sleeps until Santa's arrival than appreciate those less fortunate for whatever reason, show some compassion and forgiveness and top it of with a smile!!!  HO HO HO....xx








No comments:

Post a Comment